AroundAgain is a social enterprise with an environmental and community conscience with a focus on reducing the amount of waste to landfill and providing opportunities for individuals living with a disability, or who are disadvantaged, to gain and maintain employment.
Environmental sustainability is achieved through:
- Recycling shredded paper as part of a NAID accredited confidential and secure document destruction service.
- Being a place for community members to donate goods for resale or repurpose.
- Reconditioning or dismantling e-waste for recycling.
- Collecting surplus building supplies or material from house demolitions for reuse or repurpose.
- Collaborative partnerships with local Council and environmental groups on waste minimisation and sustainability projects.
Community connection is achieved through:
- Being a place for community members to hunt for items to repurpose.
- Opportunities for social engagement with other community members and businesses.
- A safe and supported environment for individuals to gain and maintain work skills.
- Opportunities for community members to volunteer and share their skills.
Sales Shop, Yard and Receivals
At AroundAgain we appreciate receiving donated goods from the general public and businesses that are too good to throw away.
We have items that can be purchased and treasured by others, including homewares, furniture, clothing, bric-a-brac, bags, toys, books, DVDs, art work and much, much more.
It pays to come in on a regular basis as “things come and go” fairly quickly.
The yard is a great place to rummage and let your imagination go as you search for items to repurpose or reuse. We accept surplus building supplies, house demolition items or goods from yard cleanups.
There may be items including bikes, sporting equipment, doors, timber, metal, outdoor settings and other odds and sods.
Let us know if you have some large items that you would like to donate.
Unwanted building and household items are donated to AroundAgain through the Receivals Station. We accept most items as long as they are in good condition and are able to be re-sold.
For items that we can take please click on the pdf below.
All items are sorted and then transferred to the various areas of AroundAgain – Shop, Yard, E-waste, Recycling or other areas as required.
The Receivals Station is open most days. It is always staffed by a supported employee and support person.
This is the key drop-off point for AroundAgain and helps minimise waste to landfill.
Recycling of materials
Throughout the year we accumulate a lot of recyclable items as part of our sorting process at the Receivals Station. This includes copper, brass and cast-iron. These are all sold to a metal recycler, with the income going to the operations of AroundAgain and the Christie Centre Inc.
Secure Document Destruction
At AroundAgain Document Destruction we provide confidential and secure destruction of your documents. Our facility is under 24 hours surveillance to ensure confidentiality and security.
- We deliver lockable empty wheelie bins (120 or 240
litres) to your premises
- You have the choice of flexible one-off or regular bin servicing arrangements
- There is no need to remove clips, staples, rubber bands, plastic sleeves or spiral binding – We do the lot.
- We are accredited by the National Association of Information Destruction (NAID)
- We offer an environmentally friendly solution, with all of the shredded paper being bailed and forwarded to recycling
centresreducing the waste stream by hundreds of tonnes per year.
Please contact AroundAgain on 5021 0739.
The AroundAgain Emporium sells long-lasting, solid office furniture, quality ergonomic chairs and offers local Mildura delivery, installation and follow-up customer service.
A display room is co-located at AroundAgain, where customers can explore the type of furniture on offer and then complete an order either with one of our onsite team or through the online shop.
Contact us for more detail.
AroundAgain offers a supportive work environment for individuals with a disability to develop and apply industry-ready skills relevant to warehousing, manufacturing, transport and retail.
We have a team of skilled support workers to guide individuals in their employment pathways.
The focus is on the individual’s abilities and desire to build their capabilities. We are adept at adjusting work tasks to ensure each individual can contribute equally as part of the AroundAgain team.
We value our volunteer contribution whether it be weekly or monthly. The role of volunteers is to complement the work that is done by the team at AroundAgain. This may involve sorting items, minor repairs, reconditioning projects or sharing skills that they have with the team.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, contact the main office of the
Christie Centre on 5023 2761.
Temporary opening hours until further notice (As at November 2020)
Shop, Yard and Emporium- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
Receivals – Tuesday and Thursday 9.30 am – 2.30 pm
Sales Shop, Yard and Emporium
Monday to Saturday 9:00 and 4:00 pm
To be advised – see temporary times above
Weekdays 8:30am to 3:00pm
Phone (03) 5021 0739
Fax (03) 5023 1552
Site: 13 Scherger Drive Mildura VIC 3500 (Near Mildura Landfill)
Postal: PO Box 1000 Mildura VIC 3502
External Links and Contacts
Can we make our service better?
If you have any suggestions on how we can improve AroundAgain please email us.